Published on December 6th, 2012 | by vic54
End of the Road Glide? Our TOP 10 Reasons Why
Once again, rumors are swirling in the Harley-Davidson community that our beloved Road Glide will be no more after 2013. Is there any truth to this rumor, and if so, what brought about this decision? These are questions no one outside of the manufacturer can truly answer with certainty. Until Harley comes out and releases an official statement regarding the Road Glide’s fate, we can only speculate. That being said, that’s EXACTLY what we’re going to do!Here are our top 10 reasons why Harley-Davidson would want to kill the Road Glide (permanently or just in 2014 as rumors suggest).
- Marketing! They’ll kill it after 2013 and bring it back in 2015 or 2016. Making the Road Glide disappear for a year a two would likely create a feeding frenzy among perspective shark nose owners who missed the boat on the 2013 and earlier models. (Get it? feeding frenzy, shark, boat… errr…ok our bad, we had to go there)
- The higher-ups at Harley Davidson are haters.
- There are design aspects of the current Road Glide that need an engineering overhaul. Some have suggested the main culprit is the Road Glide’s front fairing. (There are quite a number of design flaws with the current fairing, but our community forum is probably the best place for that discussion.)
- The higher ups at Harley Davidson are “reh-tards“.
- They just weren’t selling enough Road Glides to keep them around past 2013. (In contrast, we’ve heard Road Glide’s have been selling like “hot cakes” at dealerships nationwide.)
- Morbid Jealousy (the Othello Syndrome: “If I can’t have you, no one can”) – Thousands of Bat-Wing (Street Glide) owners came together and signed a petition to have the Shark Nose murdered–and Harley listened. I guess Street Glide owners got tired of their buddies clowning them every time a Road Glide pulled up along side their bike.
- “Road” Glide is sooo passe. It needs to go. Boulevard Glide, Interstate Glide, Avenue Glide – all much more metro/current. Harley is trying to stay “relevant”. Expect the name change son!
- Harley has become the “Apple” of motorcycle manufacturers. It doesn’t need a reason for anything it does. They do things because they CAN sucka!
- It’s Obama’s fault. (sigh…)
- Harley Davidson is going to kill the Road Glide because ______________________ (use the comment box to finish this sentence!)